METALU specialises in the construction and production of aluminium port equipment: “Historically rooted in the maritime world, METALU’s origins lie in aluminium shipbuilding,
“with prestigious achievements such as Marc Paot’s first Elf Aquitaine maxi catamaran and the manufacture of major components for ocean liners such as the Millénium’s chimneys.
Today, METALU is a team of men and women with 50 years’ technical and maritime experience at your service to design, manufacture and install your future installations.
Whether you’re looking for a pontoon or a marina, an access footbridge or a gangway, you’ll always have the attention of our team to advise you and help you realise your project.
“That’s our commitment, that’s our customer service.”
Pontons et Passerelles
Our expertise in aluminium has made us internationally recognised specialists in the construction of fixed and floating gangways
– fixed aluminium gangways for road and other crossings
– floating aluminium gangways for rivers, leisure centres, etc.
Since 1974, Metalu has been building marinas worldwide,
- Europe, United States, Russia, Middle East, Far
East, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean… and has built
- more than 50% of French marinas.
METALU is involved in the life of harbours all over the world:
- The official partner of local federations for fixed and floating pontoons
- Editor of the FFPP (French Federation of Ports and Harbours) pontoon design guide
- A global presence with offices and installers on different continents.
Our specialist marine design office is equipped with the latest computer-aided design and calculation tools, enabling it to design any type of installation and adapt to any site according to the required constraints.
Our products are manufactured exclusively by VERITAS-approved personnel and are regularly checked by official inspection bodies. These checks cover not only drawings and calculation notes, but also workshop welds and load tests.
METALU manufactures 10 kilometres of aluminium pontoons and gangways a year